Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I have done this a thousand times. Add a new template, login as super admin, call the template through the browser. An empty screen shows. Then went back to Couch, refreshed and observed the new template being added to the admin menu.

I am now adding "cart" to my website. I add the templates to a subfolder (winkelwagen), set kfunctions correctly and set config.php correctly, adding 'winkelwagen/' in front of the template names. Then I call the template through the browser. An HTTP 500 shows: this page is not working. Go back to Couch, refresh and observe that no new template has been added at all. What am I doing wrong? Yes I have checked htaccess. Do you update htaccess before or after adding templates? Not sure anymore. Note that I have experimented with cart before, removed it and that I am experimenting with it for the second time now. Puzzled. All help appreciated!
"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that" - Pippi Longstocking
Please take a look at the web server's error log to know what the error is exactly about - perhaps you have managed to inadvertently introduce some PHP error in the template?

Also, if prettyURLs are on, try turning them off temporarily.

Hope this helps.
Yup, thanks KK. It was simply due to the fact that the template is in a subfolder: the require_once statement was pointing to the wrong folder level.

This is the original require_once statement in the cart templates:
Code: Select all
<?php require_once 'couch/cms.php'; ?>

This is what I needed since my templates are in a subfolder:
Code: Select all
<?php require_once '../couch/cms.php'; ?>
"I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that" - Pippi Longstocking
3 posts Page 1 of 1