Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

There is one thing I'd like to clarify about the commercial license. From what I've read, as long as I buy a commercial license for every domain I created a website on (for clients etc), I am allowed to rebrand the CMS as my own.

There is, however, this one paragraph within the license, which goes:
Code: Select all
you may not:
* Use the Software as the basis of a hosted web site publishing service.

Does it, after all, forbid rebranding the CMS as my own and offer it to the clients? Or does it mean it cannot be used for services which host different client's websites on a single domain, therefore "cheating" the license-per-domain rule?

Thank You for Your help,
A Humble Developer :)

PS: Your CMS is indeed the best thing I've ever came across, dealing with multiple different solutions by now :) Congratulations! :)
Hi :)

Does it, after all, forbid rebranding the CMS as my own and offer it to the clients?
Of course not. The commercial license explicitly allows that.

Or does it mean it cannot be used for services which host different client's websites on a single domain, therefore "cheating" the license-per-domain rule?
That indeed is what the restriction alludes to. An example would be using Couch for a SaaS application where people sign up to have their own websites (perhaps as subdomains).

Hope this answers your query.
2 posts Page 1 of 1