Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Got a picky client, I have integrated couchcms into the site so he can create pages as subpages under portfolio heading and upload images to a gallery using the related so the galleries are related to the nested pages but the client is saying the quality is not as sharp as the images on the home, about and contact page

I did add in quality='100' to the gallery.php and said it's bit sharper but is still not 100% happy, I don't know what else I can do to make them more sharper, is there anything else I can do?

below is what I have currently in gallery.php

Code: Select all
<cms:template title='Gallery' clonable='1' dynamic_folders='1' gallery='1'>

<cms:editable
      name="gg_image"
      label="Image"
      desc="Upload your main image here"
      width="500"
      quality='100'
      show_preview='1'
      preview_height='200'
      type="image"
   />

name="gg_thumb"
      assoc_field="gg_image"
      label="Image Thumbnail"
      desc="Thumbnail of image above"
      width='115'
      height='115'
      quality='100'
      enforce_max='1'
      type="thumbnail"
   />

type='relation'
    name='photo_portfolio_images'
    masterpage='portfolio.php'
    has='one'
    no_gui='1'
    label='-'
/>

</cms:template>

I think they look ok to me to be honest, see url https://www.jamescsinclairphotography.c ... .php?p=294 and then the images enlarge when clicked on
Hi,

I think it would suit your client if you configure Couch *not* to resize the photos he uploads at all.
For that remove the width="500" parameter from the definition of 'gg_image' (make sure to visit the modified template as super-admin for the change to be picked up).

Now ask the client to resize//crop photos by himself before uploading (considering he is a professional photographer, this shouldn't be an issue for him) - those will now be untouched by Couch in any way.

Hope this helps.
Thank you KK, I have now removed width='500' from gg_image and told the client the advise of resizing the images himself before uploading, hopefully when he does, they will be sharper

Thank you again KK
You are welcome.
hopefully when he does, they will be sharper

They'll be *exactly* the way he uploaded them - so now the onus of getting the images 'sharp enough' would lie on him.
Very true, that way is no come back on me saying they are not sharp enough
5 posts Page 1 of 1