Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
It's not often I need to do nested pages but now been asked to do it but I need some help with it

The client wants to create new pages under his portfolio heading in the menu as he was not really liking the folders method that I put into his site so has to be nested pages so I thought I would make portfolio.php the nested page so he can create new pages but he also needs to be able to upload images as each new page under portfolio will have images like a gallery

I think I may have got it, I'll update this post if I need any help with it but removed portfolio.php all together and deleted the template and uploaded it again and now can create menu's so will see how I get on now
I need help with the menu.html snippet file, I'm getting annoyed with myself over this

I have sorted the menu structure now and created the pages that appear under the portfolio menu heading so will now see about making gallery on the nested pages
No I am stuck, obviously gallery='1' can't be added to the cms nested pages tag as that would turn it into a gallery instead of nested pages so correct me if I am wrong but what if I add the gallery coding to a file called gallery.php and then embed that in the portfolio.php page where I want the gallery to appear, would that work?

The gallery would need folders as will be 4 or more portfolio galleries, for example at the moment there is fine art, street photography, galleries and spectators and vintage so the images need to be uploaded to the correct folder but also display on the correct page

What's the best way to do that as am unsure how to do that part just above regarding the gallery and folders and showing on the correct pages created
How about a gallery for each page? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8559#p16293
Thank you, that looks perfect and integrated it and looks exactly what I need
5 posts Page 1 of 1