Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I've set up a site section file and defined some editable regions in it.

I've signed in as admin, disabled cached, loaded the site with a SHIFT + Refresh. I've loaded the site section template file with a shift and refresh.

And still it insists "No Editable Regions defined".

I added:

<cms:config_form_view>
<cms:style>
#admin_wrapper_custom_fields{display:none;}
</cms:style>
</cms:config_form_view>

Repeated the above actions, and STILL it says:

"No Editable Regions defined".

Right beneath the editable regions!

It's driving me insane!!!

Help!
Have you used any code to change the group of the editable regions (i.e. moved them somewhere out of their default '_custom_fields_' group)? At least one region needs to be located in the default group to quell the message.
Here's the content of the entire page section template:

Code: Select all
<?php require_once( 'couch/cms.php' ); ?>
<cms:template title='Feature Section' desc='The orange circles highlighting specific areas of expertise' executable='0' order='17' >

<cms:config_form_view>
   <cms:html>
      Here you can edit the text shown under the three orange circles.
   </cms:html>

<cms:style>
        <cms:if k_user_access_level lt '10'>
            #k_element_extrahtml{display:none;}
         #settings-panel{display:none;}
         #btn_view{display:none;}
         [data-title="View"] {display:none;}
        </cms:if>
        #admin_wrapper_custom_fields{display:none;}
    </cms:style>

</cms:config_form_view>

<cms:editable name='f1title' order='2' label='Feature One Title' type='text' required='1' validator='min_len=2|max_len=50' group='Feature Circles1'>Qualified</cms:editable>

<cms:editable name='f1text' order='3' label='Feature One Text' type='text' required='1' validator='min_len=20|max_len=150' group='Feature Circles1'>We are all qualified, knowledgeable and experienced in selection, supply and installation of kitchens.</cms:editable>

<cms:editable name='f2title' order='4' label='Feature Two Title' type='text' required='1' validator='min_len=2|max_len=50' group='Feature Circles2'>Quality</cms:editable>

<cms:editable name='f2text' order='5' label='Feature Two Text' type='text' required='1' validator='min_len=20|max_len=150' group='Feature Circles2'>A quality kitchen, fitted to operate efficiently will save you money and hassle in the long run - we *only* fit the best.</cms:editable>

<cms:editable name='f3title' order='6' label='Feature Three Title' type='text' required='1' validator='min_len=2|max_len=50' group='Feature Circles3'>Clean</cms:editable>

<cms:editable name='f3text' order='7' label='Feature Three Text' type='text' required='1' validator='min_len=20|max_len=150' group='Feature Circles3'>We pride ourselves in undertaking and finishing kitchen and bathroom installation with the absolute minimum of dust and mess.</cms:editable>

</cms:template>
<?php COUCH::invoke(); ?>
From what I can see, you are trying to place all the regions into three groups *but* have not defined the groups anywhere!

Please use the following code -
Code: Select all
<cms:editable type='group' name='feature_circles_1' label='Feature Circles1'>
   <cms:editable name='f1title' order='2' label='Feature One Title' type='text' required='1' validator='min_len=2|max_len=50'>Qualified</cms:editable>

<cms:editable name='f1text' order='3' label='Feature One Text' type='text' required='1' validator='min_len=20|max_len=150'>We are all qualified, knowledgeable and experienced in selection, supply and installation of kitchens.</cms:editable>
</cms:editable>

<cms:editable type='group' name='feature_circles_2' label='Feature Circles2'>       
   <cms:editable name='f2title' order='4' label='Feature Two Title' type='text' required='1' validator='min_len=2|max_len=50'>Quality</cms:editable>

<cms:editable name='f2text' order='5' label='Feature Two Text' type='text' required='1' validator='min_len=20|max_len=150'>A quality kitchen, fitted to operate efficiently will save you money and hassle in the long run - we *only* fit the best.</cms:editable>

<cms:editable type='group' name='feature_circles_3' label='Feature Circles3'>
   <cms:editable name='f3title' order='6' label='Feature Three Title' type='text' required='1' validator='min_len=2|max_len=50'>Clean</cms:editable>

<cms:editable name='f3text' order='7' label='Feature Three Text' type='text' required='1' validator='min_len=20|max_len=150'>We pride ourselves in undertaking and finishing kitchen and bathroom installation with the absolute minimum of dust and mess.</cms:editable>

Hope this helps.

P.S. Also remove the #admin_wrapper_custom_fields{display:none;} from your config section else the fields will not show up anywhere.
Aha! Thank you! The grouping was a legacy from when I had all regions on one single template instead of using site sections.

Now it's working and showing groups but by design of Couch, the second and third groups are collapsed. I searched but cannot find, is there a way to pre-expand all groups as opposed to contracting all but the first to display?

TY!
Found it in some of my other code, but not in the docs for some reason (looking in wrong place?):

type='group' collapsed='0'
6 posts Page 1 of 1