Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
I have got a new request by a client, they asked if user A can only edit their page and user B edit their page from the backend

Is that something that can be done in couchcms?

Thank you in advance
Users are not allowed to edit their pages in backend.

If Extended Users addon is employed, then it is possible to allow registered visitor to exclusively see/edit 'their' page in frontend.
Matched page can be either a page from the 'users template' or any other template with a relation set to 'users template'.
trendoman wrote: Users are not allowed to edit their pages in backend.

If Extended Users addon is employed, then it is possible to allow registered visitor to exclusively see/edit 'their' page in frontend.
Matched page can be either a page from the 'users template' or any other template with a relation set to 'users template'.

Ahh ok so can't have user A edit their page from the backend and user B edit their own page from the backend?
Again, only admins/superadmin can access backend and view all templates and mess around. What kind of 'edit page from backend' demand are we talking about? I am lost because of 'from backend / in backend' dichotomy.
on the site is adult classes and junior classes pages that has a table on it with days/times of the classes and the client wants the adult class coach to only be able to edit/update their adult classes page and the junior classes coach to be able to edit their own junior classes page from the couchcms admin side so they can't edit each others by mistake or something

Hope that makes sense
Just having a look on Google/couchcms forums and found this that KK has done and looks like it could work with what he has came up with

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10715

If I find anymore links that look like what I am looking for, I'll paste the links
It seems like your coaches are admins. Use the 'simple access control' addon to tailor their access to certain templates. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10715#p27178
Does it help?

Edit: ok, you found it as well. That addon is per-template, however if you need something like per-page it can also be done but with some effort.
Think it should work as guessing each php page will be a template, does that addon work in v2?
ianhaney50 wrote: Think it should work as guessing each php page will be a template, does that addon work in v2?

Yes, it works in v2 and later.
ok, thank you for replying and help etc. appreciate it
10 posts Page 1 of 1