Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Folks,
im just curious what cms update routine you use. I always have the problem when coping the new cms files into the old folder my cms tweaks are lost and some addons are not there. Every time i feel like Mr Sherlok Homes to find all the little things i changed. There are for example some translations, the file upload size and of course the addons etc...

I would love to have one central folder from were i can clone and update all my installations. Is this possible anyhow? Or how are you doing these things?

Thanks for your thoughts
I have no problem updating Couch by overwriting /couch dir.. All addons and tweaks are placed in either /couch/addons/custom-code and activated in /couch/addons/kfunctions.php or in a custom theme /couch/theme/my/. See in github my /addons folder https://github.com/trendoman/kfunctions-couchcms
Since Couch doesn't overwrite kfunctions.php and config.php - there is no issue with updates.. Of course, core files in my installations are never changed - anything that is needed is coded via hooks or custom tags..

In rare cases I highly recommend freeware WinMerge tool which easily shows difference between files in 2 folders.

I can help you rewrite tweaks and mods to make them installation-independent :)
Thanks for your reply. I'm working an MAC and Windows and the "copy and pasting" issues probably only happens on MAC. Need to have a look for that. Thanks fpr the WinMerge suggestion. I'll give it a try.

Do you have the image upload sizes seperated from core files or do you chage it every time?
cl wrote: Do you have the image upload sizes seperated from core files or do you chage it every time?

I change it every time. It's a usual process of configuring Couch and config files are expected to be reviewed upon every installation, because servers are different :) Maybe a feature request could be made for @KK to place memory and size options in the main config? Idk.
4 posts Page 1 of 1