Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm building a one-page site for someone not super tech savvy and hence have turned to Couch which is working well for me once again, thank you!

However, the site is long and complex with many different sections and hence a lot of editable regions.

Is there an off the shelf way to prettify the editor page? Perhaps groups of editables could be placed inside coloured background areas to make them clearly set apart from other groups - with a title and description displayed for each group?

Otherwise I'm going to end up with a very big editor page which is super hard to navigate to find the right part.

I have search the docs - apologies if I'm missing the bleedin' obvious!
Hi,

Just because your site is a single page on the front-end doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be coded using a single template on the back-end as well.

The recommended way to make things manageable is to break up the single page (in the back-end) into separate sections with each section created using a separate masterpage.

Please see the following discussions for more details -
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6801#p8562
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7119#p9516

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Does your recommended technique attract any performance hit on site speed? (I will be enabling the cache on the live site)
Nothing noticeable so no worries.
Super thank you - it's working great already.
KK I've noticed two slight issues with resolving this problem this way, I know you'll have a solution for me!

1. On some of the admin pages for these 'section' templates - even though it is displaying working editable region fields (which can be edited no problem) it's also at the bottom showing:

"i No Editable Regions defined"

2. There is an option to SAVE and VIEW, but VIEW in this context has no meaning - it links to a blank page. Can I somehow have the VIEW link link to the site's index page as opposed to the section template? Or somehow remove it completely?

TY!
6 posts Page 1 of 1