Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I have created a static html website with Mobirise but these pages don't show into control panel of couchcms: how can I resolve this problem?
Thanks!
Hi,

We have a detailed (but not too long) tutorial that takes you through all the steps of converting a static HTML template to a Couch managed dynamic site - https://docs.couchcms.com/tutorials.html

If you have not already done so, I'd suggest you please go through it and that should solve most of the problems you'll come across in the conversion process.

Assuming you have been through the tutorial, changed the extension of your HTML file to .php and have added the two mandatory PHP lines to your template, the most likely reason of it not appearing in the admin-panel is that you have not visited the modified template as super-admin in the browser.

The easiest method of doing so is opening Couch admin-panel in one tab of the browser (logged in as super-admin), then open another tab of the *same* browser (just adjacent to the admin-panel) and visit your modified template by typing its URL in the address bar - this needs to be done only once. Once the template appears in the admin-panel, you can reach it form there.

Hope this helps.
working on this just about full time.

You need to place the couch page code into the page attributes if your on a free version you need the Global HTML plug in from https://witsec.nl/ its called page name extension this allows you to put the couch tags in the head and end of the page. once you can see the page on the Couch admin , then you can add your code in to the block areas where you want the editing.

If your using desktop environment on a preview , you wont see it , it needs publishing to your web server or use Desktop Server to publish to , Your HTML pages also need changing to PHP once published , or again using the extensions from wistec.

hope this helps. have a fully working site now editable with couch, match made in heaven

looking at building a complete how to website to explain the whole thing, any interest in that ?
@Networkspaares

looking at building a complete how to website to explain the whole thing, any interest in that ?

Sure :) That'd be great.

As an aside, since obviously you are an experienced Mobirise user, could you please answer a question that has been intriguing me for some time now? -
And that is - why is it important for Mobirise users to add Couch tags right from *inside* the Mobirise builder?

I mean, for all these years I have seen people create their static designs in several different programs and then the workflow invariably goes like this -
1. export the static design into HTML pages
2. rename .html to .php
3. add Couch tags to incorporate the CMS.
After that, adding of content (data) is done from Couch admin-panel itself.
The *design* part of a website usually does not change very often (if at all) so it is not necessary to go back to the original design tool to recreate the static HTML again.

From what I see you trying to do (as also others on Mobisrise forum), you are unwilling to cut the cord between the design tool (Mobisrise builder) and the CMS (Couch).

It appears, you wish to continue making changes to the site from within Mobirise and then have those changes pushed to Couch. I wonder if you are trying to use Mobirise builder itself as a CMS? I mean, I doubt if you'd forever be making design related changes to the site (which would explain continuous use of Mobirise).

So what is it that prevents users from simply designing a full-fledged site in Mobirise, export the design as static HTML pages and then add Couch to them the regular way? This will also allow one to use the full potential of a CMS e.g. create blogs, save user submitted content as pages etc. - something that cannot possibly be done by adding Couch tags from within Mobirise.

Again, I am not conversant with Mobirise (only beginning to learn it now) so perhaps there is some very cogent reason for this that I do not see given my level of familiarity. If that is so, my apologies. I'd still appreciate if you could please explain your way of working.

Sorry for the long post :) I look forward to the how-to post you said you'd make on your current solution.
Thanks.
@KK hiya

So yes i started with exporting then modifying the PHP, but then once done thats it no more messing in Mobirise or it will output a new HTML / CSS file . if its added to the global page tags its always there , so you can edit away in Mobi without destroying the PHP call to couch tags. there is also a third party plug in that exports to PHP , and bang upload to the server no renaming , and yet couch remains untouched unless you add or delete the tags on the block. scenario , of a customer wanting to add / change an extra block would be a rebuild. plus also if you clone pages the head code is there to begin with , almost like having a couch button to press, ! now thats an idea. the blocks again can be saved to user blocks , so any couch code can be used in further pages or websites once its written within that specific block

One thing i can figure is photos , although the rich text editor provided that answer, i think I've got the path wrong to the uploads folder. Mabey its something we could work on together on the Mobi/Couch website ??

if you need any third party plug ins they can be found at https://witsec.nl/ all available to use on the free version , this gets rid of branding , gives you HTML accessibility for each block and most important the php renaming and the global page editing.

Hope this helps

Simon
If any one wants some decent documentation for Mobirise its here

https://mobirise.com/docs/

Simon
6 posts Page 1 of 1