Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
(New user) I see how to invoke basic, medium, full or custom toolbar in the editable tag. However, I don't see a way to reconfigure the abbreviated toolbar that pops up on click for inline editing.

It's good that this toolbar is abbreviated, but if possible I'd like to lose a few of the default buttons and include a couple others...font color for instance.

Is this possible?

Thanks.
Hi,

Perhaps the following thread would help -
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8961

As also mentioned in that thread, please keep in mind that CKEditor will automatically hide some buttons which are not relevant to the element being clicked (notable the 'source' button which is never shown).
Thanks. Although I haven't tried that approach, I wanted the toolbar for inline text to always have at least one additional button (TextColor). I had checked earlier and there was no reply to my post yet (it hadn't been very long). Anyway, I kept looking through files until I found what seemed like it might work for my purposes.

What I did was...

In the "basic" toolbar sections:

Added ['TextColor'] just after ['Redo'] and before ['RemoveFormat'] as follows...

1. In the array in /couch/field.php file
2. In the editor.config in /couch/addons/theme/scripts.php file
(also added a comment at the end of each modified line)

This works great. I may make other changes in "basic" toolbar, as it will be the toolbar most often accessed throughout the site. Seemed logical since I would have no use for the original "basic" toolbar configuration.
Doug,

Making direct changes to the core file risks overwriting them when the time to upgrade to a newer version arrives.

I think a better alternative would be to use the 'custom' toolbar (instead of 'basic') and put in the precise buttons you need in there. Please see https://docs.couchcms.com/tags-referenc ... om_toolbar

Would that help?
4 posts Page 1 of 1