Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello again, Couch. It's been a while!

I'm working on a site for a client, and I believe it's time to let them edit their own site.

You can see the site at
Code: Select all
www.novemberfilm.no
I know - the code that is being used on this domain is the old and poorly code, I've had someone help me code it xhtml strict (although it's not 100% valid, it still is a vast improvement).

I will attach the new source, hopefully I can get some help with this!

Here's what I'm thinking:

1: The menu (would be great if they can configure their own pages, like it works on novemberfilm.no).
2: On the frontpage, they wanted an "image" slider, could you help me set up a simple one that they can use to mange it themselves? No magic stuff, simply image rotator/slider with a link to another of their subpages f.ex.
3: A contact page (kontakt) with simple contact info. A web form too, if you have the time to help me!
4: On every other page (that showcases their films and productions) they will EITHER show an image or display a clip from youtube. I would love it if you can help me so that they can choose to display a clip (by entering youtube url) or choosing a replacement image. :-)

Thanks SO MUCH in advance. I will pay 10$ to whoever can help me fulfill these wishes :-)

Attachments

gSvoren Design - http://gsvoren.net
Hi,

Thanks for the offer of $10 but that won't be necessary.

Coming to your request -
We are only too happy to assist anyone trying to use Couch and (as would be evident from several posts on this forum) go even to the extent of logging in ourselves into client's servers to troubleshoot things.

The point is, we can do this only when you run into specific problems.
We cannot possibly be of any help for such generic requests as "they wanted an "image" slider, could you help me set up a simple one that they can use to mange it themselves?".
We'd certainly try to come up with a solution when you already have placed an image slider of your choice on your site but are unable to make it work with Couch.

So, our request to you is to try and put up a site by yourself. Our documentation and tutorials contain ample information to handle all the features you mentioned.
You can count on us to be with you anytime you happen to run into trouble.

Thanks.
Thanks for your reply, and that's what I thought would be the outcome.

I guess I will have to try and get Couch working, the reason I posted for some coding help was to speed up the process, since I'm not too available the coming days.

I'll try and get something up and going.

If it's okay with you I will keep posting my questions and help that I need as I move along during the coding in this thread? :-)
gSvoren Design - http://gsvoren.net
Yes of course. You're more than welcome to do so :) .
4 posts Page 1 of 1