Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi folks!
I'm trying to make a cascade filtering through multiple related pages, something like in the following picture:
schematic2.jpg
schematic2.jpg (46.12 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Let me explain a bit: I want to obtain a list of students by filtering step-by-step county, city, college. That means from a starting search page - let say search.php - where I have a list of counties obtained by
Code: Select all
<cms:pages masterpage='counties.php' />
... list counties with some bare info and a picture
</cms:pages>

by clicking on a county I want to have the list of cities from that county like search.php?county=name1, then by clicking on a city to get to list of colleges from that city, like search.php?county=name1&city=name2, then finally list of students from that college, like search.php?county=name1&city=name2&college=name3.
I have to admit, I couldn't "see" a way to obtain this... :oops: Do you have any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Nea Pandele
Hi,

I think you may try 'custom routes' for this (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8981).

Define three routes - 1. only county, 2. county+city 3. county+city+college.
Once you have the passed parameters, you can use cms:pages (with relation) to pass back the results.

As an example, you can take a look at the advanced tutorial at http://www.couchcms.com/docs/advanced-t ... index.html

Hope this helps,
Thank you KK!

I was working on something similar as you posted the solution :D It works flawlessly!

Best regards,
Pandele
3 posts Page 1 of 1