Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I manage a large established website which has been manually hand-coded and which uses many hierarchical folders.

eg.

Homepage
/

A news page for a specific project
/news/projects/project1/summary.php

These are _actually_ in these folders.

Site owner is now wanting to be able to have access to easily edit some very specific content on a number of pages and I think CouchCMS might be excellent for this but I wonder if it's not able to cope with this configuration?

I have installed couch to

/couch/...

And set up a test which works great here

/couchtest.php

But when I try to do this

/news/project1/couchtest.php (with corrected paths in the require etc)

It doesn't work at all.

How can I do what I want without installing couch multiple times for each folder hierarchy - and without having to do a vast amount of work re-structuring what is a very large website.

TY
Hi,

Couch needs to be installed only once and you can then make it manage any number of templates (e.g. couchtest.php that you mentioned).

If your test template is working in the root, it should work just the same from any hierarchy of sub-folders.
The only change required would be setting the correct path in the opening PHP statement. Please see the following for more details -
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7246#p9983

You mentioned that you have already tried using the corrected path but "It doesn't work at all".
Could you please let us know exactly how it doesn't work? Any error messages you get etc.

Thanks.
I'd made a typo and got it sorted. Thanks for your detailed reply and apologies for not responding sooner - I didn't receive notification of a reply and only just saw it now.
3 posts Page 1 of 1