Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
my form works on chrome and safari, but it doesn't seem's to work on firefox. nothing happens when I click submit. Can someone help me figure out what I have missed here, whether this form is correctly written.

Code: Select all
<cms:form method="post" class="form-inline" id='gff-form' name='general_inquiry'>
    <div class="gff-input col-md-3">
        <cms:input type="text" name="name" class="form-control gff-input" id="nameInput" placeholder="Name"  required= '1' />
        <cms:if k_error_name>
        <p id='name_error' class='gff-error'> Enter a name. </p>
        </cms:if>
    </div>
        <cms:input type="text" name="email" class="form-control gff-input" id="emailInput" placeholder="Email" validator='email' required= '1'/>
        <cms:if k_error_email>
        <p id='email_error' class='gff-error'> Enter a valid email adress. </p>
    </div>
        <cms:input type="text" name="phone" class="form-control gff-input" id="phoneInput" placeholder="Phone no." />
    </div>
    <cms:pages masterpage='inquiry.php'>
        <cms:input type="dropdown" name="subject" lable='Subject' class="form-control"
        opt_values="<cms:show_repeatable 'subjects' startcount='0'> | <cms:show subject /></cms:show_repeatable>" style="width: 100% !important; border: 1px #3d9dfd solid;" />     
     </cms:pages>     
    </div>
    <div class="clearfix"></div>
    </div-->
    <div class="gff-textarea col-md-12" style="margin-bottom: 25px;">
        <cms:input type='textarea' name="message" class="form-control" rows="3"placeholder="Write us"></cms:input>
        </div>
    <div class="clearfix"></div>

<div class="modal-footer">
        <label class="required humanclass-form" for="human">Are you human? Is sky blue or green? (4 characters required) <em>* <cms:if k_error_human>Please answer the question</cms:if></em></label>
        <cms:input type="text" required='1' validator='regex=/^blue$/i' class="input-text required-entry" id="human" name="human"/>&nbsp;&nbsp;
        <button type="button" class="btn btn-default" data-dismiss="modal">Close</button>
        <button type="button" class="btn btn-primary"><cms:input name="submit" type="submit" class="couchbtn"/>Submit</button>

<cms:if k_error>
        <script>
          $('#gff-inquiry').modal('show'); 
        </script>

<h4>I'm sorry there was an error. Please try again, by filling the required fields.</h4></cms:if>
        <cms:if k_success >
        <script>
          $('#gff-inquiry').modal('show');
        </script>
        <h4>Thanks for your submission. We'll get back to you.</h4>
        <cms:send_mail from='info@email.com' to='email@gmail.com, info@email.com' subject='Inquiry from your site'>
            The following is an email sent by a visitor to your site:
            <cms:show k_success />
        </cms:send_mail>

</div>
</cms:form>
@cosmicmind, it seems to be a front-end issue and not something related to Couch (which runs totally server-side).

As a test, use "Save as.." from your browser to get a static version of your page. Now try using it on the different browsers. You are likely to get the same issue with FireFox although now there is no Couch anywhere on the scene.

Bottom line - please check the HTML markup you are using. My guess would be that some transparent DIV is overlapping the submit button thus not allowing the click to go through.

Hope it helps.
2 posts Page 1 of 1