Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi

I have been asked by current client if a client registration/login and file upload with admin system can be added to his current website. The current site already has couchcms integrated into the website, the features the client requires are below.

1) A registration script
2) A login script with forgot password feature
3) A admin side where the client can upload files like PDF's or jpg's to the users profile/member page and enter a password to view/download the uploaded file by admin
4) The admin side can also manage the users that sign up

Thank you in advance
Hi,

There are two available solutions -
1. Members - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8063
2. Extended Users - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8581

Either of the two should suffice for your use-case.

Hope this helps.
Hi KK

Thank you appreciate it, I will have a look and see if can understand it, does either one of those have the features that the client requires?
I noticed a post said the members module is outdated and is best to use the extended users addon

Can it do the following requirements that the client needs

1) A registration script

2) A login script with forgot password feature

3) A admin side where the client can upload multiple files like PDF's or JPG's to the users profile/member page so only member A can see theirs and member B can only see theirs for example so other members can;t see each others files and the members have to enter a password to view/download the uploaded file by admin

4) The admin side can also manage the users that sign up

Will the extended users addon also work on couchcms version 2.0? the number next to the version number is 20170729) if that helps
Points 1, 2 and 4 will be available out of the box.
As for point 3, you'll have to do some coding (normal Couch tags - not PHP) to make that happen.
OK thank you KK appreciate the help and replies
6 posts Page 1 of 1