Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone

I'm fairly new to Couch and I'm trying to make a portfolio with it.

The thing I'm trying to do is having a card with an image of the project, the project name, the client's name and the technologies I used for it.

techs.png
techs.png (6.46 KiB) Viewed 1094 times

The problem I'm facing is that the card would be repeatable and the techs are not always the same for each project (but would be created only once and used when needed) so I would like to be able to select which techs are associated with a project.

For exemple :
  • Project 1 : HTML5, CSS3, JS, Bootstrap
  • Project 2 : HTML5, CSS3
  • Project 3 : Python
  • Project 4 : HTML5, CSS3, CouchCMS

I thought about using relation but they are not working with repeatables but it would have been what I wanted (associating a project with as many techs as I want and creating the techs only once so that I can use them when I need them)

Here is the code I have for the project repeatables.

Code: Select all
<cms:repeatable name='portfolio' >
    <cms:editable type='image' name='illustration' label='Photo' show_preview='1' preview_width='150' input_width='200' col_width='300' />
    <cms:editable type='text' name='nom' label='Nom' />
    <cms:editable type='text' name='client' label='Client' />
</cms:repeatable>

I think I'm missing something important here but I can't see what.

PS : the techs are represented by an image and a text (name).

Thanks, Desslink.
Hi,

Instead of creating each portfolio item as a row of a repeatable-region, why not use a separate clonable template (e.g. portfolio.php)? This way each portfolio item will be created as a cloned-page and you can use any kind of regions within.

You can make the admin-panel listing of the portfolio cloned-pages manually sortable (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10241) so you can easily change their positions just like repeatable-regions.

Please let me know your thoughts on this approach.
Adding to what @Kk said, another positive side of using cloned pages is a separate url for each portfolio item (page-view) which can boost SEO outcome and easy to send someone a link.
I tried this and it does exactly what I wanted while adding the possibility to add a full "project" page for each project in the future.

thank you very much for the help and see you soon on this forum :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1