Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I'm wondering if this gonna happen.
The information like Artist, title, chord etc from Ultimate Guitar will fetching into couch admin after input url.

here is the scrapper code: https://github.com/masterT/ultimate-guitar-scraper

Thanks in advance.
For any custom task that you want to assess, you should decompose it to smaller tasks and see which part is actually a server part (CouchCMS-related).
I tried to do that and found that Scraper is based on JS, so the Ultimate Guitar server sends back some response about a tab, that's where a CMS part can step in by saving the data as a cloned page.
trendoman wrote: For any custom task that you want to assess, you should decompose it to smaller tasks and see which part is actually a server part (CouchCMS-related).
I tried to do that and found that Scraper is based on JS, so the Ultimate Guitar server sends back some response about a tab, that's where a CMS part can step in by saving the data as a cloned page.

Thanks Trendoman for fast respond.
But, i'm not sure i will able to do this, could you explain more in code.

I'm really didn't know much about database.
Thanks you very much bud.
setiawanfarlin wrote: could you explain more in code..

A Couch-like way is to convert the working html/js into something dynamic. You need that dynamic part as 'send POST form to server' and 'save data to cms'. That git rep is entirely in JS, so.. What code do you want exactly?
4 posts Page 1 of 1