Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I'm new to Couch (and to web development in general) and learning how to use it. I have some gaps in my understanding and was wondering if someone could help me.

During the set up of a site using Aurelius template, modifications was done in blog.php, blog_list.html and blog_sidebar.html. I understand that blog.php is the template that is used to create other pages. What I don't understand is why there is a need for blog_list.html and blog_sidebar.html. Why are certain modifications done in the said last two files? Would this be the case regardless of what template other than Aurelius template I'm using?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Jin
Hey, I would love to clear up some things for ya in hopes it helps :D
What I don't understand is why there is a need for blog_list.html and blog_sidebar.html.

There is no need (read: requirement) in those snippets. You can put all the code right in blog.php. Snippets were invented to embed chunks of codes and keep readability at come comfortable levels. If you find it more comfortable for you to have everything in one large file (I also like it this way sometimes), then no need to have snippets :)
Keep asking ;)
Hi Trendoman,

Thanks for answering my questions :D

Now I understand better, blog_sidebar.html and blog_list.html don't have to be in separate files from blog.php, they are snippets. Thus blog_list. html is used to show list views, to do this you can include for example the following code:
<cms:pages masterpage='blog.php' folder=k_folder_name
start_on=k_archive_date
stop_before=k_next_archive_date
paginate='1' limit='3'>
3 posts Page 1 of 1