Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I am using kcFInder to upload files (including images) it uploads to the 'file' folder in uploads
Then when I try to add an image to an editable region, Couch CMS only looks in the 'image' folder in uploads

I know I am doing something stupid, do I have to edit a config file so that both uploading and inserting look in the same folder inside the uploads folder on the server?

Thanks Dave M
Hi,

Type 'file' editable region always shows the 'file' folder while type 'image' editable region shows the 'image' folder.
when I try to add an image to an editable region, Couch CMS only looks in the 'image' folder in uploads
So that would suggest your editable region has been defined as type 'image'. Please check and let me know.
Hi KK, thanks for the quick reply . . .

I need to be able to let the site owner upload an image and then in the editable region (shown below) display the image

The problem seems to be kcfinder uploads the image to the file folder and when they click Browse Server kcfinder looks in the image folder, do you mean I should simply change type to 'file' ?

Code: Select all
 <cms:editable name='Staff_Image' label='Staff Image' type='image' width='318' enforce_max='1' show_preview='1' quality='100' preview_width='200' input_width='250' />
Hi KK, everything is fine now, I read back over your answer and understood what you were saying
I have now given the user 2 sections, 1 for uploading images and 1 for uploading files
and now the files are going to the correct folders . . .

Sorry, I got a mental block on this one, I have a lot of projects going on at the moment

Anyway many thanks for your help !!
4 posts Page 1 of 1