Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi again!

I have a couple of questions - hoping they are easily dealt with ;) :

- I'm using extended-users. Is it possible to edit the mail send by couch for a password request (I would like that people only use their e-mail address, but the mail clearly states the username - which I would like to remove).

- changing the password as a user in the profile: how would I set up a field where users would first have to input their old password wich is then checked with what is currently in the database before allowing them to set a new one?

- Forms are not always cleared correctly, besides using <cms:no_cache /> and page redirects (I'm using the multi_form_handler in some cases). Is there any way I can tell an input field to never remember/store what was entered before?

Thanks!
<cms:bump/> ;)
Hi,
I'm using extended-users. Is it possible to edit the mail send by couch for a password request (I would like that people only use their e-mail address, but the mail clearly states the username - which I would like to remove).
Yes, it is indeed possible. The page documenting 'extended-users' (https://www.couchcms.com/docs/extended- ... s/post.htm) in fact has a full section discussing this. Please try finding the following paragraph in the mentioned page and you'll get some sample code in there -
If, however, you'd prefer to put the email text right in the template, both the 'cms:process_forgot_password' and 'cms:process_reset_password' tags can be instructed not to send the emails and then we can do so ourselves.
Following is a sample of how it could be done -

changing the password as a user in the profile: how would I set up a field where users would first have to input their old password wich is then checked with what is currently in the database before allowing them to set a new one?
Out of the box, this feature is not available. I think, however, that it can be achieved by coding a custom validator.

I am tied up at the moment but when I am free after a few days I'll try to code one for you. Give me another bump if it escapes my mind :)

Forms are not always cleared correctly, besides using <cms:no_cache /> and page redirects (I'm using the multi_form_handler in some cases). Is there any way I can tell an input field to never remember/store what was entered before?
I don't think this has anything to do with Couch. It is a browser specific feature and you can use, e.g. autocomplete="off" attribute with the inputs to prevent browsers from remembering the last input.

Hope this helps.
Thanks!!! - and sorry for missing the part in the extended-user description :/
4 posts Page 1 of 1