Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Is there any documentation on how to create unique meta tags for blog pages? I can't seem to find it.
Thanks
Hi,

Not sure if I could comprehend the query full.
If by 'unique' you mean tags per page, you can do that by defining editable regions to hold whatever data you want.

Could you please elaborate? Thanks.
Hi All..
My website was develope under Couch CMS, i have problem that it seems like my meta tag does't read by google...
google only read the webdescribtion...

Code: Select all
<!-- Meta -->
<cms:editable label='Meta'name='meta_web' type='group' order='10' />
<cms:editable type='text' name='meta_title' label='Meta title' group='meta_web'><cms:show Page_title /></cms:editable>
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="xxcEjCgYhRTe0HSzYEBe-wji36oRRmGigsy85g2a_ao" />
<cms:editable type='textarea' name='meta_desc' label='Meta description' group='meta_web'><cms:excerpt count='500' truncate_chars='1'><cms:show page_desc /></cms:excerpt></cms:editable>
</cms:template>

Is there anything that i can change?
Thank you
Rikardus
Hi,

The code you posted only shows how the editable regions have been defined.
Could you also please show us how you used the contents of those regions in the actual meta tags ? -
<meta name="keywords" content="" />
<meta name="description" content="" />

Please post that part of your template.
Hi KK,
Here how its look like in the template :
Sorry i am not really familiar with couch cms, it was develope by someone and he leave now..
Thank you for you help..
Hi KK,
Here is the screen shoot : https://prnt.sc/fo70c3
Thank you

Rikardus
Try to make it work by using a snippet. create a file in the snippets folder (lets call it meta.html)
<title><cms:show meta_title/></title>
<meta name="description" content="<cms:excerpt count='500' truncate_chars='1'><cms:show meta_desc/></cms:excerpt>" />
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="xxcEjCgYhRTe0HSzYEBe-wji36oRRmGigsy85g2a_ao" />

Meta description count 500 is maybe to high.

Embed this in your template inside head tag with
<cms:embed 'meta.html'/>
I load frameworks and write bugs on top of them, after that I rearrange the code so that it looks like a cool product.
7 posts Page 1 of 1