Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

Does Couch CMS work nicely with Wordpress? I currently have an html static webpage that is using the wp-blog headers so that I can read in blog posts from a wordpress site into my static html site.

Now I want my website to run Couch in the background simultaneously. Will this work? I will have multiple php tags within my file.
Hello,

The answer is - no.
Couch is meant to be retrofitted only within 'static' sites (i.e. comprising of only HTML/JS/CSS).
Once you throw in another PHP driven script, like Wordpress, the results can/will be unpredictable.

Hope that answers your query.
Talked with trendoman about this but just to make sure..

I have a client with WP installed on his website. Now I'm creating new subpage and I want to put Couch on it.

Let's say "www.exampleweb.com" is his website with WP installed. I want to create subdirectory through FTP outside of the WP directories with couch and html/css folders of new subpage. So the new subpage would be "www.exampleweb.com/subfolder/index.html"

Is that possible? Will there still be conflicts between Couch and WP?

EDIT: I also want to mention that new subpage will have completely new CSS and JS files. It's not gonna be connected with any file that is in WP folders.

Attachments

So long as you don't try and make both WordPress and Couch act on the same templates, things should be fine I think.
KK wrote: So long as you don't try and make both WordPress and Couch act on the same templates, things should be fine I think.

I've just edited my message at the same time you posted.

"I also want to mention that new subpage will have completely new CSS and JS files. It's not gonna be connected with any file that is in WP folders."

So considering that, everything should work fine, right?
CSS and JS were never a problem - just make sure not to include WP's PHP functions anywhere on a template that is being managed by Couch. You should be fine so long as that is the case.
6 posts Page 1 of 1