Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi

Can anyone help me with getting font awesome icons and getting them to work on the admin side and the front end as I coded them in and my client changed the text and they have disappeared again

I tried following guides on here but did not seem to work so not sure if I did it correctly

the guide I was going by was viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7480

can anyone help please as I need it working for the client

UPDATE: I am following this guide viewtopic.php?p=11162#p11162 and got the dropdown showing but I can't see the font awesome icons, I have attached a screenshot of the issue, can anyone help please?

Thank you in advance

Attachments

As stated in that other thread:
cheesypoof wrote: I'm afraid this has always been quite a hacky solution from the outset. These elements just don't style consistently in browsers.
I will try to work on an update to the original tutorial, and provide a more reliable solution for v2.0 of Couch. Please give me a few days.
Hi

No problem thank you appreciate it
Please see the update to viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7480&p=11162#p11162 and let me know if it works for you. I'm afraid I rushed this and didn't quite have time to come up with any documentation.
Thank you will have a look now and let you know how I get on and if it works
Sorry quick one, I am not sure if doing it right. I have uploaded the chosen folder in the addons folder in the couchcms folder and uploaded the font-awesome-icons.html file in the couchcms snippets folder, do I uploaded the font awesome folder and the icons.php file to the root of the website?

UPDATE: I have uploaded the font awesome folder and the icons.php to my root but still don;t see the font awesome icons in the couchcms admin side, the icons are missing so not sure if I have done it right, I have attached a screenshot of the issue

Attachments

Please explore the code within icons.php (it is an example).
Ok thank you, I got it showing now in the admin side and can see the icons and I have selected check-square-o for the single icon row but how do I get that check-square-o to show on the page where I want it to show?
Code: Select all
<i class="fa fa-<cms:show single_icon/>"></i>
I have added that code in but is still not showing and I got check-square-o showing in the top part of my clients site, the link is http://primecarephysio.co.uk/index.php

I am not sure what I have done wrong or anything, I can't upload the php file as it won't let me
17 posts Page 1 of 2