Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Trying to get my head around the initial install process in the tutorial - after i managed to get the installation screen to show up but the next stage when i goto login all i see displayed in the browser is the code for the admin page but not the actual page???
I suppose your site is still on a localhost.
It seems, your web-server is not properly configured to execute PHP scripts and is dishing them out as plain text.

Please try placing a bare-bone PHP file in your site (i.e. with no reference whatsoever to Couch) and visit it to confirm if PHP is working ok. To do that, you may try placing the following in a file named 'test.php'
Code: Select all
<?php
    phpinfo();
?>
awesome thank you - i will try that its the first time playing with php anything - for years i have gotten away with html and flash - going through a learning curve with responsive html 5 css3 etc - whole new ball game
Ok tried the test page and it worked and displayed the details of PHP on myserver PHP Version 5.3.29

but still no go with the Aurelius test site tutorial. - not sure where i am going wrong - directory structure is all the same as per the tutorial - the only difference is that i have the Aurelius ste in its own folder and then the couch folder in there - surely i cant be about that?
Would it be possible for you to grant me access to your setup (assuming it happens to be online, that is)?
If yes, please PM me the FTP creds and I'll take a look at the problem myself.

Thanks.
Thanks for the creds.

I had a look and, as it turns out, the problem is those 'BOM bytes' again (please see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9423&view=previous#p20551 for a variation of the same issue). If you'll search this forum for 'BOM', you'll get several threads discussing it.

In your case it was the 'couch/config.php' which was edited to add the database creds and then saved as UTF (which introduces the two invisible bytes causing all this trouble). I used Notepad++ (you may use your own favorite text editor) and resaved that file explicitly as 'UTF without BOM'.

That solved the problem.
6 posts Page 1 of 1