Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I keep getting this when I run test mod_rewrite:
test rewrite.JPG
test rewrite.JPG (107.54 KiB) Viewed 1060 times

Can anyone help. I can't get Pretty url to work either
You may safely ignore the 'notices'.

What is important is the 'LINK2' below - try clicking it and if it loads the page just like LINK1 does, then your server is all configured for prettyURLs.

Please let me know how it goes.
I did as instructed and tried vsiting the page again from the admin panel and this is what I got:
Pretty Url.JPG
Pretty Url.JPG (66.27 KiB) Viewed 1049 times

As you can see in the address bar, the url seems correct but the page does not show up. I don't know what could be wrong.
From the screenshot, it is apparent that this is *not* the URL of 'test_rewrite/rewrite.php', which is what we have been discussing.
Also, it is clear that you have already set prettyURLs to '1' in couch/config.php before making sure this feature even works on your machine.

Please first disable prettyURLs ffrom config. Then go back to the original screenshot you posted.
Try clicking the LINK2 to see if prettyURLs are working or not on your setup.
Thank you for the response. I did as directed: I went ahead with steps 1 and 2 as seen in the attached images
Test rewrite image S1.jpg
Test rewrite image S1.jpg (352.04 KiB) Viewed 1035 times

Test rewrite image S2.jpg
Test rewrite image S2.jpg (240.97 KiB) Viewed 1035 times

But after I visited the blog from inside Admin panel, I got an error as seen in the image below:
Test rewrite image S3.jpg
Test rewrite image S3.jpg (185.21 KiB) Viewed 1035 times

What could be the problem?
From the screenshots it is now clear that mod_rewrite is working on your setup.
As to why prettyURLs are not still working, I'll have to take a look at the setup to know that.

Since it is yet on localhost, I suggest, for now, you turn off prettyURLs and continue with developing the site.
Once it is ready and you move it to a proper online server, chances are you won't face this problem.
In case you do, get me access to the site and I'll do the troubleshooting for you.

Thanks.
Ok, I will do that and get back to you. Thank you
7 posts Page 1 of 1