Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi

I have added some font awesome icons in on a website I am doing and noticed they were not showing all of a sudden on the front end so went into the back end and noticed they were there, there was a space where they one were so started looking into it in the forum and found this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7480 and followed the guide cheesypoof posted but I don't see a dropdown to select any font awesome icons

I did the following steps

1) Download font awesome and uploaded to the root of my site

2) add the following code into the index.php file in the root of my site as want the icons to show next to some text on the home page
-
Code: Select all
<cms:editable name='fa_css' type='message'>
   <style type="text/css">
      @import url("<cms:show k_site_link/>font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css");
      #f_fa_icon, #f_fa_icon_2 {font-family: FontAwesome;font-size: 14px;}
   </style>
</cms:editable>

<cms:editable name='fa_icon' label='Icon' opt_values="<cms:embed 'fa-icons.html'/>" type='dropdown'/>
<cms:editable name='fa_icon_2' label='Icon 2' opt_values="<cms:embed 'fa-icons.html'/>" type='dropdown'/>

3)downloaded and uploaded to the snippets folder in the couchcms folder on the server the following file: fa-icons.zip

4) added in
<style src="<cms:show k_site_link/>font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css" type="text/css"></style>
in the head section

5) added in
i class="icon-<cms:show fa_icon/>"></i>
on the index.php file where I want the font awesome icon to show

Can someone help to see if I have gone wrong somewhere?

UPDATE: I see the dropdown now but the font awesome icons are showing in the dropdown, see the screenshot attached

Thank you in advance

Attachments

Ian,

JS is not my forte so, I am sorry, I won't be of much help in debugging your code.

What I can do is point you to some working code using the same technique (I just tested this on v2.0 and can confirm that it is working). I think you can compare it to your code to find the changes that could be causing the problem.

The code I am referring to is used in our 'Miniport single-page' tutorial (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7896). You can download the working sample from here - http://www.couchcms.com/docs/code/miniport.zip

Hope this helps.
Hi KK

Thank you for the reply, appreciate it

Does font awesome work with that miniport?
I could not get it to work so just added the font awesome icon coding into the source section of the text editor on the admin side
4 posts Page 1 of 1