Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone,

I have just built my first site (my personal blog) with couchCMS and I'm very impressed.

I have a question. My main blog page is clonable in order to have multiple posts. However, the left sidebar contains an image and links that I would like to have become editable. The left sidebar apparently should not be clonable, because I need the same image and navigation links to appear on all the cloned blog pages.

The left sidebar is currently "embedded" in the main blog page (which is index.php). So it is technically a part of index.php.

In sum, is there a way to have editable fields in a clonable page that are duplicated (kept the same) in all pages?

I hope this question hasn't been asked before - I haven't run across this situation in the docs.
I figured out a way to make this work, and emailed KK about it, and he pointed out a better way, which is clearly explained on the tutorial page http://docs.couchcms.com/tutorials/portfolio-site/tying-the-loose-ends.html. (See the part about "global variables.") I'm sorry I didn't read the whole tutorial; before "couchifying" my first site!

Thank you KK for your great support and for couchCMS, which is absolutely wonderful.
You are welcome @lstandish :)
I am glad you found Couch useful.
3 posts Page 1 of 1