Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Please can anyone explain why I am getting this error in a repeatable region when I try to set the source on an image

My Repeatable region is defined as:

Code: Select all
<cms:template title='About Us'>
    <cms:repeatable name='Staff' label='Staff' desc='List of Inbaf Staff'>
        <cms:editable name='Staff_Image' label='Staff Image' type='image' width='318' enforce_max='1' show_preview='1' quality='100' preview_width='200' input_width='250' />
        <cms:editable name='Staff_Name' label='Name' type='text' />
        <cms:editable name='Staff_Text' label='Text' type='textarea' />
    </cms:repeatable>
</cms:template>

I read somewhere that I have to edit Config file, if that is so, please explain exactly how to edit his file and the line I have to edit

The location of my images folder is INBAFAdmin/Uploads/image

Many Thanks in Advance!
Hi,

Please use your FTP client to set 755 permission on the folder used for uploading images (default location is 'couch/uploads/image' but this can be changed from the config file). Make sure to make the permissions recurse into the subfolders as well.

If 755 does not work, try 766. If even that does not work, try 777.

Hope it helps.
KK I have tried each of these permission settings - 755, 766 and 777 and I am still getting this error on all images !
Could you please check the following thread? Perhaps yours is a related issue -
https://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7834

Edit 'couch/includes/kcfinder/config.php' and find the following setting (line 91) -
'thumbsDir' => ".thumbs",

Please try changing the '.thumbs' (there is a dot in there) to just 'thumbs' (i.e. remove that leading dot from the name).

Access KCfinder by trying to upload an image through your repeatable regions.
In case you still get the same error, please check the 'couch/uploads' folder. See if a folder named 'thumbs' was created.
If not, create one yourself manually. Make sure to grant this folder proper 755 or 777 permissions.

Please let me know if this helps.
KK, I created the 'thumbs' folder as you suggested, I copied the files from the old.thumbs folder into it - should I have done that?

Now I can load images from kcfinder, I am now left with one problem, thumbnail view in KCFinder is not working, but I can load the mages from a list

Many thanks for all the helps, I am nearly where I need to be . . .
Could you please grant me FTP + Couch access to your site?
I have sent you those details in a PM, many thanks for taking a look!
@DaveM121,
thumbnail view in KCFinder is not working,.

Thanks for the creds. I had a look and found that the CSS was not being applied as expected to KCFinder.

The appearance looked suspiciously similar to what was reported some time back in the following thread -
https://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8876

Turns out, the cause for the problem was also exactly the same - the css.php in KCFinder was being applied as text/html instead of text/css
<link href="css.php?type=image" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

As mentioned in the referenced thread, the problem was the BOM bytes being sent by the server.
In your case, it was the 'couch/config.php' that you managed to save as plain UTF8 instead of the required 'UTF8 without BOM'.

Anyway, i re-saved the problem file without the BOM and that solved the issue.
Please check.
KK,thank you very much for finding and resolving my problem - I really mean that !

I have rarely come across someone who cares so much about their product, or who is so helpful

One thing, I used Dreamweaver CC 2017 to edit config.php, this must be how I created this issue, is there a better way to edit so that I can save as the required 'UTF8 without BOM'

Once Again, Thank You!
You are welcome, Dave :)
I am glad I could help.

As for quick editing of source files, my goto editor has always been Notepad++.
10 posts Page 1 of 1