Coded something up in Couch in an interesting way? Have a snippet or shortcode to share? Post it here for the community to benefit.
45 posts Page 1 of 5
Hi all coucher`s

Im working on a big project and i have come to a point where im in need for a addon/solution so i can upload several img or docs at the same time!

Example:
http://blueimp.github.io/jQuery-File-Upload/

I hope someone have some ideas, tips or solution for this, and im greatfull for any answers on this :)

In advance thanks for any help :)
Hi,

Could you please clarify if this is needed in the admin-panel or the front-end?
If it is the admin-panel, then the bundled KCFinder handles multi uploads just fine and you don't need any extra addon.

Thanks.
KK wrote: Hi,

If it is the admin-panel, then the bundled KCFinder handles multi uploads just fine and you don't need any extra addon.

Thanks.

The features is needed in FRONT-END! I will be very happy for any ideas or tips on this :)
KK wrote: Hi,

Thanks.

Hi KK, sorry for pushing on this, but i was just wondering if you had any feedback on this! Im greatfull for any answer :)

Thanks
@kimheggen, you'll have to tell us in more detail about what exactly you propose to achieve.

Implementing the mentioned JQuery uploader on the frontend doesn't require Couch. So how would you like Couch to assist you in this use-case?

Please elaborate. Thanks.
Hi and thanks for your quick reply on this :)

I know i can upload and save direct to server/db but i would like to upload so the files relate to the cms page im on!

Today im using the securefile to upload img and files, but i must now upload 1 and 1 file and this will take forever! So what if i could use the multi uploader like i use securefile so the files get saved to clonable page! Mayeb i could use repeat tag to have many editables and when uploading the files get saved to this editables.

Im not sure if my explenation is good but im trying! If you need more detailed info i will get some help tomorrow to explain this better!

Just to refresh im adding a link here to the different Multi Uploaders i wanna use! The number 2 from the top is what im trying to do!

http://www.gosys.no/limitless/LimitLess ... strap.html

Thanks i advance, and im sorry if my english is bad.
Up

Attached is that bootstrap uploader in a template, with only required assets. Hope it helps kick-start solving this issue.
Cut-2016-08-08-1745-001.png
Cut-2016-08-08-1745-001.png (15.18 KiB) Viewed 3730 times

uploader.zip
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 772 times
Any links to where I can find some sample code dealing *server side* with the multiple files uploaded using this 'Bootstrap file uploader' ? Thanks.
Nope, server-side is not available for that very uploader. I understand the request and although front-side forms are easy and there are lots of samples, I found another source of inspiration with yet another one multi-uploader.

As far as I could imagine, this multi-uploader would create as many pages in backend (template with securefile definition of course) as the number of uploaded files.

Attachments

As far as I could imagine, this multi-uploader would create as many pages in backend (template with securefile definition of course) as the number of uploaded files
Yes, that is the basic idea - almost akin to what Couch's 'gallery' module does using plupload.

Point is, plupload shipped with pretty extensive docs and samples showing how to deal with the uploaded files as they get reassembled on the server end. This made it easy to plug Couch's page creating functions into the code.

Chances are the process wouldn't be too different in 'Bootstrap file uploader' but it'd help to get to see some working sample code.

Thanks anyway.
45 posts Page 1 of 5