Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
21 posts Page 1 of 3
hi there,

I got recently reported that while attempting google search of my site entering simply "designdiverso" the user got prompted with this unprobable and rather misleading result, please see screenshot attached.

I was wondering how can this happen and eventually is there a way to prevent/fix it?

Not sure whether is a couch cms issue, however would be great to get some help on this one.

Attachments

Hi,

I suppose you are referring to the string 'CouchCMS' being shown for your site.

That is happening because the webpage in question (the login screen) by default shows the CMS's name.

This, however, can be easily replaced by your custom value. Quoting from http://www.couchcms.com/white-label.html -
In the language file being used by your site (default being EN.php) found in the 'couch/lang' folder, find the following lines and modify them to suit your needs. This will change the title of the admin-panel and login box.

// Addendum to Version 1.1 /////////////////////////////////////
// Admin Panel
$t['admin_panel'] = 'Admin Panel';
$t['login_title'] = 'CouchCMS';

Hope it helps.
@diverso, Do you by any chance have a link to your admin panel on any of your main pages? For Google to have listed your login page, it must have followed a link somewhere.

If you include a link to your admin panel, you should use rel="nofollow" in the link to prevent Google from indexing the page.
Code: Select all
<a href="<cms:show k_login_link />" rel="nofollow">Login</a>

@KK, I think it would be a good idea to include a NOINDEX meta tag on Couch's login page. I can't think of any situation where someone would want the login page to appear in search results.
Or if you just didn't want the link in the serps could you not disallow the /cms to index by using the robots.txt file?
@KK, I think it would be a good idea to include a NOINDEX meta tag on Couch's login page. I can't think of any situation where someone would want the login page to appear in search results

Point taken, Tim.
Thanks. Will do that.
KK wrote:
@KK, I think it would be a good idea to include a NOINDEX meta tag on Couch's login page. I can't think of any situation where someone would want the login page to appear in search results

Point taken, Tim.
Thanks. Will do that.

hi there, it's all very interesting so basically how can i get rid of that link/indexing? btw I was referring also to the sitemap.xml result, the user inputed in google only "designdiverso" so I'm wondering why all this weird listings came up.
so how can i get rid of that link/indexing?
Top results from a quick Google search -
- Preventing your site from being indexed, the right way
- Tell Google to Not Index Certain Parts of Your Page

I was referring also to the sitemap.xml result, the user inputed in google only "designdiverso" so I'm wondering why all this weird listings came up.
The URL of the sitemap contains the term 'designdiverso' which makes it a candidate for being shown in the search listing. Nothing weird about it, AFAIK. You'll need to explicitly ask Google not to list it using the techniques described in the quoted links above.
KK wrote:
so how can i get rid of that link/indexing?
Top results from a quick Google search -
- Preventing your site from being indexed, the right way
- Tell Google to Not Index Certain Parts of Your Page

I was referring also to the sitemap.xml result, the user inputed in google only "designdiverso" so I'm wondering why all this weird listings came up.
The URL of the sitemap contains the term 'designdiverso' which makes it a candidate for being shown in the search listing. Nothing weird about it, AFAIK. You'll need to explicitly ask Google not to list it using the techniques described in the quoted links above.

Hi, about the sitemap what tag or link shall I actually use? not clear to me besides if I tell google not to index the sitemap how's that going to affect my SEO?
Can you please be patient and share the exact tag and where shall I insert it?
About the login page, where shall I add this link on login.php page? <a href="<cms:show k_login_link />" rel="nofollow">Login</a>
diverso wrote: Can you please be patient and share the exact tag and where shall I insert it?

This has nothing to do with CMS. There is no tag for this, they all are listed in documentation. It is pure front-end/seo issue. There are some relevant SEO forums and SEO resources to do what you need. This is not a SEO forum.
trendoman wrote:
diverso wrote: Can you please be patient and share the exact tag and where shall I insert it?

This has nothing to do with CMS. There is no tag for this, they all are listed in documentation. It is pure front-end/seo issue. There are some relevant SEO forums and SEO resources to do what you need. This is not a SEO forum.

there you go again, in fact not everyone has the time to troll posts as you like to do trendoman, somebody is working.
Btw when I decided to use this CMS for my project I read the slogan simple open source CMS for designers, No knowledge of PHP required at all.

Yeah I can see that now, it's been a year and I still have all these issues on my page, front end you say, doesn't look like if you even bothered to read the posts above..and perhaps sometime somebody acknowledged the fact this is been somehow "lacking" some proper development, but no, obviously it's all my fault not knowing enough about this, but don't you think the two points are a little contradictory? I mean no knowledge of php, simple?? and then I have to read ten thousand pages of documentation and be a rock star developer as you all are obviously in order to sort things out..

Thank you for your understanding and help
21 posts Page 1 of 3