Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
I installed Couch and went through the Tutorial. Great. Now I want to build my own website but I'm having issues with the old tutorial stuff left over in the database, etc. For example, I used a template called myblog.php in the tutorial, now I'm trying to create a template called blog.php but when I browse to it, I get an error "Tag "pages": masterpage 'myblog.php' not found". I even searched the database but can't find "myblog.php" anywhere.

What's the best way to "reset" Couch to remove the tutorial stuff and start with my new site (without having to use a different database). Is there a way to selectively remove the tutorial components?
wysocki wrote: I installed Couch and went through the Tutorial. Great. Now I want to build my own website but I'm having issues with the old tutorial stuff left over in the database, etc. For example, I used a template called myblog.php in the tutorial, now I'm trying to create a template called blog.php but when I browse to it, I get an error "Tag "pages": masterpage 'myblog.php' not found".

Somewhere in your new blog.php exists a call to myblog.php. If you create a blog.php, then change those calls too.
What's the best way to "reset" Couch to remove the tutorial stuff and start with my new site (without having to use a different database).
You can surely use existing database. 2 ways of doing that: 1. In couch config.php introduce a database prefix. That makes couch start all over again with new fresh prefixed tables in database. 2. Remove all the old files and visit admin as superadmin - couch will sense that registered templates are gone and will offer remove them. It will clean up existing database too.
Is there a way to selectively remove the tutorial components?
You can opt in to remove only selected components. Move that template that you don't need to some other place or rename it and couch will sense it is gone and will offer remove it in admin.
2 posts Page 1 of 1