Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi dear Couch Users,

i've just finished implementing Couch into a single scroll page ("one page") and i want to make several parts available in the CMS.

The part that i currently don't know how to start with, is the "workshop" section. The client offers many different workshops that are displayed in a "portfolio"-style manner with tiles that have an image, a small text and a "read more" button.
The "read more" button opens an overlay that contains detailed information..

My problem is the following - the workshops-items and the "read more"-details are both placed in seperate divs within the single index.php structure.

What is the best way to make repeatable / cloneable regions for the CMS, so the client can update/add both the workshop-item and the details page? Note: the "details page" is not a seperate page in a subfolder, it's just an overlay-div made visible via javascript.

Any helpful information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sundance
Let's create then clonable template, so each cloned page is a workshop project. It will contain both description/image and full details in separate editable.
So, the thing is trivial:
Code: Select all
<cms:pages>
<div class="visible"><cms:show visible_data /></div>
</cms:pages>
.... html ...
<div class="yet_invisible"><cms:show invisible_data /></div>

Get the idea?
Hi trendoman,

thanks for your quick reply - i think i get the idea.

So i create clonable templates using code snippets in seperate html files, that i then use to display the different sections on the page?
Welcome :)
Sundance wrote: Hi trendoman,
thanks for your quick reply - i think i get the idea.
So i create clonable templates using code snippets in seperate html files, that i then use to display the different sections on the page?

Why do you plan to use snippets to store editables? Editables can be in template directly. And the following code might also explain something:
Code: Select all
<cms:show editable1 />
<cms:show editable2 />
<cms:show editable3 />

gives the same result as

<cms:show editable1 />

<cms:show editable2 />