Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
When using RELATION many to one the DROPDOWN looks like crap!

How can we style this using own css? This problem also is on DATETIME.

It looks like the type='' ignore the class set to it and uses the hard coded in relation.php

Any ideas on this problem?
You could try to use a tool like Firebug then trace the class name. When you found the class change it in your css file. You could use !important if it doesn't work the normal way.
I load frameworks and write bugs on top of them, after that I rearrange the code so that it looks like a cool product.
Code: Select all
<cms:editable type='message' order='-10000'   name='admin_hacks' >
   <style>
       .. css goes here ..
   </style>
</cms:editable>
trendoman wrote:
<cms:editable type='message' order='-10000'   name='admin_hacks' >
   <style>
       .. css goes here ..
   </style>
</cms:editable>

Sorry but this solution dont work!
On front end or on couch admin panel?
As soon as possible!

Touch me up : abada[dot]zulma[at]gmail[dot]com
@kimheggen, I'll assume your target is the front-end (using DataBound Forms).

You are free to use your own CSS to style the editable regions as you wish.
If, however, as a starting point you'd like to use the styling used in the admin-panel, you can include the original CSS e.g. as follows for the datetime region -
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<cms:show k_admin_link/>addons/data-bound-form/datetime.css?kver=<cms:show k_cms_build />" type="text/css" media="screen" />

Following should work for the relation dropdown -
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<cms:show k_admin_link/>addons/relation/relation.css?kver=<cms:show k_cms_build />" type="text/css" media="screen" />

Hope it helps.
KK wrote: @kimheggen, I'll assume your target is the front-end (using DataBound Forms).

You are free to use your own CSS to style the editable regions as you wish.
If, however, as a starting point you'd like to use the styling used in the admin-panel, you can include the original CSS e.g. as follows for the datetime region -
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<cms:show k_admin_link/>addons/data-bound-form/datetime.css?kver=<cms:show k_cms_build />" type="text/css" media="screen" />

Following should work for the relation dropdown -
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<cms:show k_admin_link/>addons/relation/relation.css?kver=<cms:show k_cms_build />" type="text/css" media="screen" />

Hope it helps.

I understand this, but when using a RELATED tag in databound the SELECT/DROPDOWN wont pick up the css. But if i use none related field and only editable like dropdown there is no problem! 2 days now and still not working....Maybe any ideeas why? I also try to change css in couch directory but no luck.
That is completely a front-end issue and you should be able to debug it as any other front-end CSS/JS problem.

Please inspect the generated dropdown, see what the ID/class is and try to find out why the CSS rules are not getting applied.
im trying to do the same thing and i appears as if couch sets its on id tag and replaces the one i have so it doesnt pick up the style i set for it.
rudydjmedina wrote: im trying to do the same thing and i appears as if couch sets its on id tag and replaces the one i have so it doesnt pick up the style i set for it.

Don't set the class on the editable field, instead look at the classes/ids of the generated dropdown on the frontend and match the style rules.
10 posts Page 1 of 1