Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I have an article and, in the main editable text, I would like to place an image that would link to an mp4 video file. The image is a selected scene from within the video and has a green "play" button on it. I would like to just make the entire image link to the mp4 file.

I went into the source and wrapped the image in an <a href= tag, however Couch overrides that on the website and just links to the still image from the article. How can I place an image in the article that links to where I want to go to, not the default of linking to the still image?
Hi,

You don't need to use the 'source' tab for doing that.

Please right-click the image in question and select 'Image Properties' from the context-menu. The dialog box that opens has three tabs. Select the second one (named 'Link') and enter the URL you want the image to link to.

Untitled-1.png
Untitled-1.png (12.74 KiB) Viewed 1470 times

Hope it helps.
I don't have three tabs on the dialog box, just one. Am I running an old version of 2.0?
Clipboard Image (2).jpg
Clipboard Image (2).jpg (27.18 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
Hi,

I don't have three tabs on the dialog box, just one. Am I running an old version of 2.0?

I tested and even the editor that shipped with v1.4 shows the three tabs.
You'll have to check if you changed something from the default.
It may be that I changed the image editor to include captions per your post at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10442#p25767

I was under the impression that v2.0 would have the captions natively.

Any way to get the captions AND the three tab links????
BUMP (hopefully!)
Yes, it is a possibility that the addons we added in that post are causing the tabs to disappear.
The tabs *do* appear in the default CKEditor installation that ships with v2.0, though - this is for sure.
7 posts Page 1 of 1