Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I made a website on my local machine with the new gallery system on, everything worked great. Now I placed the website on my host and everything worked, except I can't get any images on the gallery, every time i try i get following error; response=Failed to open output stream., status=200.

On all other pages I can upload images.

I hope someone can help me with this, I have been breaking my head on this for hours.

Greets,
Tijn

(Excuse me for my bad english, I'm from Belgium.)
Hi Tijn,

The error has to do something with your particular server's configuration.

I'll need to login to try and find what is going wrong.
Could you please PM me your site's FTP/Couch creds?

Thank you
Hi,

I had a look and, as suspected, your server is running with 'safe_mode' on.

Although this feature has been deprecated as of PHP 5.3.0 and removed completely as of PHP 5.4.0., certain hosts still insist on using it.

In rough terms, running under safe_mode, any folder created by Couch would be given the ownership of the server (as opposed to the executing script) and this will prevent any further operations on the files that get created within the folders. Ergo the 'Failed to open output stream' error you were getting.

As a workaround to this problem, we'll have to lend Couch a helping hand by manually creating any folders required by it and giving the folders the requisite permissions.

The gallery module will require two folders -
1. A 'tmp' folder for temporarily holding the uploaded images
2. The final folder where the images are permanently stored.

To create the 'tmp' folder, use your FTP client and explore the uploads folder of Couch.
By default this is the 'couch/uploads' folder (if you have not chosen to change the location in 'config.php').
You should find 4 existing folders within the 'uploads' folder - 'file'. 'flash', 'image' and 'media'.
Add a fifth folder naming it 'tmp'. Set this folder's permission to 777.

Moving on to create the permanent folder.
This folder will reside within the 'couch/uploads/image' folder (all the uploaded images in Couch are stored here).
The name of this folder will be the name of the gallery template you are using i.e. if your template's name is 'gallery.php', this folder will be named 'gallery'.
In your case, the template's name was 'foto.php' so a folder named 'foto' needed to be created within 'couch/uploads/image' folder.
Set the permission to 777.

Creating these two folders should be sufficient for the uploading process to continue despite the safe_mode in operation.

P.S. I have already created the two folders for you on your site. Please check and let me know if everything is working as expected.
Thanks
Everything works great now!
Thanks a lot!

Greets,
Tijn
Hi

I done according to your given solution, but still its not showing images in list gallery, images show as 0 byte.

Pls help me :( :(

Attachments

@nk, I have replied to your other post - viewtopic.php?p=25510#p25510
6 posts Page 1 of 1