Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,

I tried to install Couch v2.0 downloaded from Github, as suggested by KK. When trying to access admin url for installation - which is site.com/couch, I got: "Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /.../couch/includes/mysql2i/mysql2i.class.php on line 139
Could not connect to database". I have tried to use the v2.0 patch. But, this problem remained.

Could you please help me to overcome this? Thanks
Hi,

The 'warning' shouldn't matter much (although I'll definitely address it).
The real problem is 'Could not connect to database' - which could be, e.g., due to invalid database credentials etc.
Also, no patch is required for the GitHub version.

So, I 'll suggest you please make sure you have specified the correct credentials (and the database user has sufficient privileges).

Please let me know how it goes.
Hello KK,

I don't know what went wrong, but this time it worked. I repeat my step from copying 'couch' folder. The only thing I now see is this notice in installation page: "Deprecated: Non-static method KFuncs::_handle_extends() should not be called statically in /.../couch/event.php on line 97". Is this normal to my installation?

Thanks,
Thanks for reporting that.

I presume that, despite the warning, the installation has completed successfully and you are able to use Couch, right?
If so, please go ahead with creating your site with it and let me know if you chance upon any other deprecation notices.

Thanks.
So far so good. Just the deprecation notice remains, and this time there are six deprecation notices with the same message. Thanks KK!
5 posts Page 1 of 1