Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everybody. A couple of days ago I've found this amazing CMS and I'm enjoying a lot, but now I have a problem...

I created a index.php page, and now I have to create a couple of another pages which I'd like to work in a "folder" system.

I've activeted to make this scheme:

-> myaddress.com/softwares
-> myaddress.com/softwares/pageA
-> myaddress.com/softwares/pageB

And I would have an index page at "-> myaddress.com/softwares/index.php" (an accessible page with the url "myaddress.com/softwares ").

I've activeted the pretty url, and tried to use the "nested pages" to make this scheme, but it didn't work.

I created a page "softwares.php" using this tag:
<cms:template title='Softwares' clonable='1' nested_pages='1' />

But then, every page I create cloning this one, gets with the url "myaddress.com/softwares/pagename".

So, how can I make an "myaddress.com/softwares" index?

I hope I have been able to express myself well, sorry for my bad english.
There are many concepts mixed up in your experiment. Please clarify a bit:
-> myaddress.com/softwares
-> myaddress.com/softwares/pageA
-> myaddress.com/softwares/pageB

The setup above can be achieved with folder 'softwares' in physical template myaddress.com/index.php. Each cloned page inside virtual folder will have url as myaddress.com/softwares/page-name.html (with pretty-urls enabled 'index' as in index.php will be hidden and not printed in url, because it's a default page in physical directory on server, making only folder be the first after domain name).
Speaking about this setup, myaddress.com/ will represent home-view of template index.php, myaddress.com/softwares/ would be folder-view, myaddress.com/softwares/page.html - page-view.

Also the quoted setup above can be achieved with physical template myaddress.com/softwares.php and no virtual folders. Each cloned page of this regular clonable template will again have address myaddress.com/softwares/page-name.html
If you create folder in it - it will be like myaddress.com/softwares/folder-name/page-name.html

You can create a physical directory on server /softwares/ and place index.php inside it. So with pretty urls index.php template home-view will be accessed as myaddress.com/softwares/
and pages myaddress.com/softwares/page-name.html

If you want to use nested pages then you can have similar approaches. More details are in docs for nested pages. http://docs.couchcms.com/concepts/neste ... maker.html Notice that if you create index.php in root directory and create page 'softwares' and nest after it another pageA, this time (with pretty-urls) pageA will be without .html in url: myaddress.com/softwares/pageA/. The same thing can be achieved by many other approaches.

Good luck with your experiments! :)
Thank you, you really cleared my mind! ;)
3 posts Page 1 of 1