Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
22 posts Page 1 of 3
When i try to install couch on XAMPP windows server following error comes:

MySQL extension missing from your host's PHP installation

How to solve this problem, please help.

I tried above solutions. Uncommented lines, but didn't solve this problem.
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Please, post what this informational command says.
I am trying to install Couch on my local pc running ubuntu (mate) 16.04 /php 7.
I am getting the error: MySQL extension missing from your host's PHP installation
Tried several solutions but none worked.. :x
I can post the phpinfo() output. Please let me know which part. I can copy from the output and paste here.
Thanks.
Hi,

If you are using Couch v2.0, you can find a patch for this problem at
viewtopic.php?p=25072#p25072

For Couch 1.4.7, please use the following patch -
patch_mysqli.zip
(9.81 KiB) Downloaded 1140 times

Instructions:
Extract the contents of the attached zip.
1. Overwrite the 'headers.php' in your installation's 'couch' folder with the one extracted.
2. Copy the extracted 'mysql2i' folder and place it within your installations 'couch/includes' (so that you end up with 'couch/includes/mysql2i')

Hope it helps.
Thanks a lot KK :)
That solved those issues.
I could see the installation start page. After filling up the details when I click the button I see this:
Code: Select all
The localhost page isn’t working
localhost is currently unable to handle this request.

I have tried several suggestions but the error persists.
(jfyi, phpmyAdmin is working fine)
Please let me know if anyone has a clue.
Thanks a million for your help. 8-)
I hope the fix is on the way. Meanwhile previous PHP versions can be used for installation and PHP7 will work with it after install. If this option with temporary switching is not available, then is it possible to import default empty database with tables as SQL file and thus avoid installation routine (which is merely creating several tables in database).
Thanks a lot trendoman.
Ok.. so I have to wait for the fix.
then is it possible to import default empty database with tables as SQL file and thus avoid installation routine

Can you please elaborate a bit on this.. thanks a lot.
couchusr wrote: Thanks a lot trendoman.
Ok.. so I have to wait for the fix.
then is it possible to import default empty database with tables as SQL file and thus avoid installation routine

Can you please elaborate a bit on this.. thanks a lot.

The installation routine I meant is the one which comes after placing all necessary files on server and reaching in browser /domain/couch-folder/ for the very first time. Couch presents a form to create a super-admin user.

What happens after we submit info has two parts - create couch tables in database, specified in config.php and create user with password. PhpMyAdmin or, better, HeidiSQL software can be used to observe tables in database and this first created superadmin user in table couch_users or prefix_couch_users if you specified prefix in config.php.

After the "installation" couch only writes/reads data from those tables as developer goes through the coding of templates etc.

If you can get a dump of that clean database and manually (using the software mentioned above) create new database, upload the dump -> then couch can work with it. This is what I meant as a way to overcome any current troubles with installation in php7 environment.
22 posts Page 1 of 3