Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all, am getting this error; MySQL extension missing from your host's PHP installation even after uncommenting on the line "extension=php_mysql.dll" in my php.ini file on XAMPP on wondows 8 PC.

Also, after copying the couch folder and uploading to my server, i cannot install the couch cms and gets the error "Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' to database 'DB'"

Kindly assist.
Greetings "pettymwas"!

Also, after copying the couch folder and uploading to my server, i cannot install the couch cms and gets the error "Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' to database 'DB'"

This error is found when the settings in your couch/config.php do not match with the settings of your server.

For example:
Code: Select all
// MySQL settings. You need to get this info from your web host.
    // 4.
    // Name of the database
    define( 'K_DB_NAME', '' );
    // 5.
    // Database username
    define( 'K_DB_USER', '' );
    // 6.
    // Database password
    define( 'K_DB_PASSWORD', '' );

#4:
Your database name on local installation will be different than on your server. On the server, when you set up a database there is an additional string (view the blacked part in image below)

1.png
1.png (18.01 KiB) Viewed 1590 times

You will have to take the string under the blacked part (which i have blacked out for security reasons). It shall be visible to you in your MySQL Databases panel. The structure will be like:
string_DBName

string = usually the first 8characters of your domain user name if on cPanel
where DBName = the name of the database that your create. It is not more than 8characters long if you are using cPanel.

Same shall be applicable to your Username as described in #4 explanation above.
string_UserName

refer image below:

2.png
2.png (5.88 KiB) Viewed 1590 times

Remember the passwords are case sensitive. So fill in the password that you used while creating your user to the database.

If you require any help further, please feel free to revert to the post here.

Happy Couch-ing :D

Regards,
GenXCoders
where innovation meets technology
2 posts Page 1 of 1