Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
22 posts Page 1 of 3
I've been working on a photo gallery site and I'm not sure if Couch can accomodate this feature. I want to be able to edit a "project brief" field on each gallery folder list view page. Is there any way to do this? I know I can create custom content for each page in a folder, but I don't know of any way to create a unique editable field for each folders folder list view. This needs to be dynamic, so no external template with locked off variables allowed.

Hopefull this isn't too confusing a description.

Hi,

I trust you are using 'dynamic folders' (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/miscellane ... lders.html).
If so, try editing any folder (via 'Manage folders' in admin-panel) and you'll find a 'description' and an 'image' field.

You can use both these fields to input additional information to each folder.

On the front-end, the contents of the fields are made available as regular variables - just place a <cms:dump /> in your view and you'll get all the names.

Hope this helps.
I am using dynamic folders. Is there a way to turn the folder description box into simple text (for HTML input)?

I know I can create a custom formatting style using the richtext editor... that might be the best solution.
Is there a way to turn the folder description box into simple text (for HTML input)?
I am afraid, no.

You said "for HTML input" - we can paste raw HTML from the 'Source' panel of CKEditor. Or is it that you want to use the 'no_xss_check' feature of textarea and so CKEditor is not suitable?
KK wrote:
Is there a way to turn the folder description box into simple text (for HTML input)?
I am afraid, no.

You said "for HTML input" - we can paste raw HTML from the 'Source' panel of CKEditor. Or is it that you want to use the 'no_xss_check' feature of textarea and so CKEditor is not suitable?

I need to use the no_xss_check feature. I'm trying to embed video into a popup, and from what I understand, you can only do that by enabling that feature. Are there any work arounds?

This is what I've created, just need a way to edit the popup and the little corner button that slides up when it's closed.

http://chrisnuzzaco.com/testdesigns/pro ... ery-4.html
Could I use PHP to force new editable entry fields to appear in the folder list view?
I need to use the no_xss_check feature. I'm trying to embed video into a popup, and from what I understand, you can only do that by enabling that feature. Are there any work arounds?

Could you use shortcodes to accomplish what you want? This topic describes how I use a general purpose shortcode to embed video and other code into the CKEditor: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7950
tim wrote:

Could you use shortcodes to accomplish what you want? This topic describes how I use a general purpose shortcode to embed video and other code into the CKEditor: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7950

Thanks, that's a great idea! I've never used them, I'll give it a go, but I still would like to add additional entry fields. I poked around the couch install files to see if I could just hack into it and add my own tag, but it looks like Chinese to me.
One idea I have, but it's really ugly, is to just add the fields I need into the page template, and then only serve up one of them on the list page. I believe that should work, but I also think it's a horrendous solution.
What about creating a separate template, dynamic_folder_data.php. Make it clonable and add any sort of editable regions you want. Now whenever you create a new dynamic folder, you also create a corresponding page in the new template to hold it's data.

I'm not entirely clear on how you're using the dynamic folders or the editable regions you want for them, but this is how I might do it.

I've played with the dynamic folders just once. The ability to add an image and description to a folder is a nice touch. But then I almost immediately felt hungry for more. A nice feature for dynamic folders might be to add the ability to customize the editable regions for a folder. Maybe something like a folder_data tag that could be wrapped around a group of editable regions to hold folder data.

EDIT: Hmm. Just noticed that showing the data would be tricky with this method. If you always give the folder and the data page the same name, then it should be possible to find the appropriate data for a folder, but it would take some programming.
22 posts Page 1 of 3