Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
How do I actually go about uploading pdf files so that users can be able to download those files as a feature of a website.

Thanks.
Hi,

You may use type 'file' editable region to that - please see http://docs.couchcms.com/tags-reference ... /file.html

Hope it helps.
Thanks KK,
I will try that technique and let you know.

Helpful as always. Thanks.
Hi KK,
I am trying to figure this one out for a new site.

The frontpage will contain two divs, one for latest news (read more) and another for latest events(read more). So that when users click on the read more links they are taken to the entire article page respectively. The news articles will be updated by the media unit while the latest events will be updated by the social unit, two different departments.

I am trying to figure out the best approach for the frontpage so that even when a new department is added to the admin panel a summary of their postings can be viewed from the frontpage with read more links. (I can do this manually)

Do I start with Nested pages or go the normal route by embedding snippets from the different departments? What would be the easiest and quickest method.

My thoughts are on creating subdomains for each of the departments with their own couch admin files and databases. I would then connect them all in the home page/frontpage so that news extracts from each departments can be viewed from there with corresponding read more links.

Please assist.

Thank you
Harris
4 posts Page 1 of 1