To use Couch you must at least have a working knowledge of HTML and CSS and know the basics of creating a website. You should also be familiar with the use FTP to upload files to your server. No previous knowledge of PHP is required.
- PHP 4.3.3 or greater
- MySQL 4.1.2 or greater
- Apache (or compatible Web Servers like LiteSpeed etc.)
IMPORTANT! Microsoft IIS web server is NOT supported.
- (Optional) GD library compiled into PHP for CAPTCHA.
- (Optional) Apache mod_rewrite module for prettyURLS.
If you intend to install Couch on your local computer (for testing) there are a number of packages that you can use
- XAMPP - Multi-platform - Apache, MySQL, PHP, installation.
- Wampserver - Windows platform - Apache, MySQL, PHP, installation.
Install Apache, MySQL, PHP separately and configure them all to work together.